Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hewko, Doug" <Do...@ccra-adrc.gc.ca> on 2001/07/30 15:58:39 UTC

Sharing a local setup of Tomcat?

Hi! I managed to install Tomcat 4 on my local pc. In organization's LAN, I
have a unique computer ID (xxx99x999). What would someone have to type to
view the Tomcat default page from another computer?

Re: Sharing a local setup of Tomcat?

Posted by Richard Draucker <ri...@draucker.com>.
Tomcat pages are accessed via tcp/ip.  So, for example, if your machine ip is
192.168.0.42 then others would open a browser and type:
http://192.168.0.42/index.html
to get the index page.

If your network can translate the network names of local machines and your
machine name is "joesbox" then: http://joesbox/index would also work.

--
Richard Draucker richard@protected-data.com
Protected-Data.Com www.protected-data.com

Re: Sharing a local setup of Tomcat?

Posted by Jim Seach <jw...@yahoo.com>.
If your organization is using WINS, you should be able
to just use http://xxx99x999:8080/ from another
computer on your LAN.

If not, or if you want connectivity from outside your
LAN (if allowed by your firewall), then run winipcfg
to find out your ip address, then replace the
xxx99x999 with your ip address.

Jim

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/