Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ali Kord <Al...@aus.fujixerox.com> on 2006/05/23 10:51:12 UTC

tomcat hangs after a few hot deploys!!!!

hi all,
after a few hot deploys, tomcat hangs and doesnt seem to be responding at all. i have to shut it down using windows task manager and restart it.
anybody has an answer to this?
cheers

Re: passing Multiple JkEnvVars

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
When starting a new thread (ie sending a message to the list about a
new topic) please do not reply to an existing message and change the
subject line. To many of the list archiving services and mail clients
used by list subscribers this  makes your new message appear as part
of the old thread. This makes it harder for other users to find
relevant information when searching the lists.

This is known as thread hijacking and is that is frowned
upon on this list. Frequent offenders will be removed from the list.
It should also be noted that many list subscribers automatically
ignore any messages that hijack another thread.

The correct procedure is to create a new message with a new subject.
This will start a new thread. There is now a link at the bottom of each
list message that will create a new topic.

Mark
tomcat-user-owner

passing Multiple JkEnvVars

Posted by Rajeev Jha <jh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
How do i pass multiple environment variables from apache to tomcat on
mod_jk connector. All the documents say to put this in httpd.conf

JkEnvVar  ENV_VAR_NAME

and read this as a request attribute in servlet engine. But this gives
you ability to pass only one env variable.

[
Actually we are trying to show a custom error page based on
BrowserMatchingRules. so if some kind soul can tell a way to re-direct
apache to a URL based on browserMatchRule that would also do.
]

Thanks

Rajeev.

Re: tomcat hangs after a few hot deploys!!!!

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> Ali Kord ha scritto:
>> hi all,
>> after a few hot deploys, tomcat hangs and doesnt seem to be responding
>> at all. i have to shut it down using windows task manager and restart it.
>> anybody has an answer to this?

Tomcat Version? Windows version? JDK version?

Re: tomcat hangs after a few hot deploys!!!!

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <br...@tariffenet.it>.
Ali Kord ha scritto:
> hi all,
> after a few hot deploys, tomcat hangs and doesnt seem to be responding at all. i have to shut it down using windows task manager and restart it.
> anybody has an answer to this?

Did you check the logs?

> cheers

Ciao