Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gary Opela (Corporate)" <ga...@lcibest.com> on 2008/04/11 22:31:50 UTC

SSL

Environment:

Windows Server 2k3 R2 EE

Apache Tomcat 5.5.17 installed in: C:\Program Files\Apache Software

Foundation\Tomcat-5.5.17

Microsoft IIS 6.0

IE 6.0.X.X SP2

Java:

     jre1.6.0_05

     jdk1.6.0_05

Just wondering what you all suggest to get SSL working in Tomcat. I have
tomcat as a stand-alone server, not using IIS or anything. Windows
environment. I have a CA on site to generate my Certificates.

What do you all use?

Thanks

Re: SSL

Posted by Max Sevenfold <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chuck for response.

Opera works for me only when I add one of following ciphers attributes
to <Connector>:-

          ciphers="TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA"
          ciphers="TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,ALL"
          ciphers="TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5"

But after I added it IE 7 stopped to work.

Let me know if you can connect to tomcat with Opera without warnings.

Thanks,
Max

RE: SSL

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Max Sevenfold [mailto:max.seven.max@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: SSL
>
> Does it work with both Opera and IE 7 browsers?

It certainly works with IE 7, as well as Firefox 2 & 3; haven't tried
Opera (not exactly a corporate favorite).

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: SSL

Posted by Max Sevenfold <ma...@gmail.com>.
Does it work with both Opera and IE 7 browsers?

I mean non-apr connector.

Regards,
Max

RE: SSL