Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Matt Burkhardt <ml...@imparisystems.com> on 2008/07/21 13:24:47 UTC

Installation problem

I followed the quick installation, but I'm getting a 404 - file not
found error when I try to bring up the JSPWiki or JSPWiki/Install.jsp

I know I have Tomcat5.5 installed correctly - there's two other sites
that are up and running.  I checked to make sure that all the files and
directories had the same owner as the two other applications that work -
but I'm at a loss.

The 404 error page is not the Apache 404 error page - but another the
Tomcat error page.

Anyway, I'm running it all on Ubuntu 8.04 with Tomcat 5.5 and Java 6

I've checked the Tomcat error logs and haven't found any clues.

Thanks,

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
President
Impari Systems, Inc.
401 Rosemont Avenue
Frederick, MD  21701
mlb@imparisystems.com
www.imparisystems.com
(301) 644-3911

Re: Installation problem - Page directory does not exist?

Posted by Matt Burkhardt <ml...@imparisystems.com>.
Still trying - but went and restarted Tomcat to see what kind of errors
I might be getting on start up and now I have

Jul 21, 2008 8:31:01 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO:  Assigning new engine to 11053084
Jul 21, 2008 8:31:01 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: No jspwiki.propertyfile defined for this context, using default
from /WEB-
INF/jspwiki.properties
Jul 21, 2008 8:31:01 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Loading cascading properties...
Jul 21, 2008 8:31:01 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO:  No cascading properties defined for this context
Jul 21, 2008 8:31:01 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: JSPWiki: Unable to load and setup properties from
jspwiki.properties. Fail
ed to start managers: Page directory does not exist
Jul 21, 2008 8:31:01 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: ERROR: Failed to create a Wiki engine: JSPWiki: Unable to load and
setup p
roperties from jspwiki.properties. Failed to start managers: Page
directory does
 not exist
Jul 21, 2008 8:31:01 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
filterStart
SEVERE: Exception starting filter WikiServletFilter
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.InternalWikiException: No wiki engine, check logs.
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiEngine.getInstance(WikiEngine.java:340)
	at
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.WikiServletFilter.init(WikiServletFilter.java:55
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(Applicatio
nFilterConfig.java:221)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(Applica
tionFilterConfig.java:302)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFi
lterConfig.java:78)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.
java:3635)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4
222)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.checkResources(HostConfig.java
:1105)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1203)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:293)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:120)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBas
e.java:1306)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase
$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.p
rocessChildren(ContainerBase.java:1570)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase
$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.p
rocessChildren(ContainerBase.java:1579)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase
$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.r
un(ContainerBase.java:1559)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Jul 21, 2008 8:38:45 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 07:24 -0400, Matt Burkhardt wrote:

> I followed the quick installation, but I'm getting a 404 - file not
> found error when I try to bring up the JSPWiki or JSPWiki/Install.jsp
>
> I know I have Tomcat5.5 installed correctly - there's two other sites
> that are up and running.  I checked to make sure that all the files and
> directories had the same owner as the two other applications that work -
> but I'm at a loss.
>
> The 404 error page is not the Apache 404 error page - but another the
> Tomcat error page.
>
> Anyway, I'm running it all on Ubuntu 8.04 with Tomcat 5.5 and Java 6
>
> I've checked the Tomcat error logs and haven't found any clues.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
> President
> Impari Systems, Inc.