Posted to user@shale.apache.org by "Butash, Bob" <bo...@eds.com> on 2006/09/28 15:38:07 UTC

ViewController Call back methods called twice for Sub Views.

Hello,

I have an issue that is similar to Shale 220
(http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-220).  I am using Shale
version 1.0.3 and for normal View/ViewController processing the init
method is only being invoked once.  However I have a subview that has a
ViewController backing bean associated  with it.  The sub view's init
call back method is being called twice.  Is this a known issue, and is
there any way to prevent it.

Thanks,

Bob Butash

Re: ViewController Call back methods called twice for Sub Views.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 9/29/06, Butash, Bob <bo...@eds.com> wrote:

> I thought 220 was resolved with the 1.0.3 release.  Was it not?

Hmm ... yes, it was for the use case originally presented.  Either your case
is different (as many details as you can provide would be helpful) or it got
unfixed -- I'm going to mark the bug as reopened since the symptoms are the
same.

Craig

Posted by "Butash, Bob" <bo...@eds.com>.
I thought 220 was resolved with the 1.0.3 release.  Was it not?

> I have an issue that is similar to Shale 220
> (http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-220).  I am using Shale
> version 1.0.3 and for normal View/ViewController processing the init
> method is only being invoked once.  However I have a subview that has
> a ViewController backing bean associated  with it.  The sub view's
> init call back method is being called twice.  Is this a known issue,
> and is there any way to prevent it.

Bob,

Could you please add your issue to the SHALE-220 bug report?  That way,
we'll be sure to review both use cases at the same time.

Thanks,

> Bob Butash

Craig

Re: ViewController Call back methods called twice for Sub Views.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 9/28/06, Butash, Bob <bo...@eds.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an issue that is similar to Shale 220
> (http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-220).  I am using Shale
> version 1.0.3 and for normal View/ViewController processing the init
> method is only being invoked once.  However I have a subview that has a
> ViewController backing bean associated  with it.  The sub view's init
> call back method is being called twice.  Is this a known issue, and is
> there any way to prevent it.

Bob,

Could you please add your issue to the SHALE-220 bug report?  That way,
we'll be sure to review both use cases at the same time.

Thanks,

> Bob Butash

Craig