Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Joseph Lawson <jl...@roomkey.com> on 2013/10/07 17:10:27 UTC

introducing jruby-kafka (Kafka 0.8beta1) and Kafka logstash input

Hi everyone,

I wrapped kafka 0.8beta1 client into a jruby class: https://github.com/joekiller/jruby-kafka and then a wrote an input for logstash: https://github.com/joekiller/logstash/tree/kafka8

It's a little rough around the edges still but it does work fine.

I'll be enhancing both the logstash side, like making an output, and the jruby-kafka side to create a producer.

Either way just putting this out there.

-Joe

RE: introducing jruby-kafka (Kafka 0.8beta1) and Kafka logstash input

Posted by Joseph Lawson <jl...@roomkey.com>.
Sure go ahead.
This is great and thanks for sharing. If you are up for maintaining this,
would you like to add this to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Clients ?

Thanks,
Neha