Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ryo Neyama <ne...@trl.ibm.co.jp> on 2001/08/27 13:19:11 UTC

a problem in ServiceClient

I found a bug in org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient.
----
    public static synchronized void initialize()
    {
      if (!initialized) {
        addTransportPackage("org.apache.axis.transport");

        setTransportForProtocol("local", new
org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalTransport());
        setTransportForProtocol("http", new HTTPTransport());

        initialized = true;
      }
    }

----
There is no "https" mapping in this method altough HTTPTransport supports
"https".
My quick hack is as follows.
----
    public static synchronized void initialize()
    {
      if (!initialized) {
        addTransportPackage("org.apache.axis.transport");

        setTransportForProtocol("local", new
org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalTransport());
        HTTPTransport httpTransport = new HTTPTransport();
        setTransportForProtocol("http", httpTransport);
        setTransportForProtocol("http", httpTransport);

        initialized = true;
      }
    }
----

The behavior when I specify a unsupported protocol is also strange; no
fault, no warning.
It should return "protocol not supported" fault, right?

Best regards,
    Ryo Neyama @ IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory
    Internet Technology
    neyama@trl.ibm.co.jp

Re: a problem in ServiceClient

Posted by Ryo Neyama <ne...@trl.ibm.co.jp>.
I'm sorry my mistake.

> ----
>     public static synchronized void initialize()
>     {
>       if (!initialized) {
>         addTransportPackage("org.apache.axis.transport");
>
>         setTransportForProtocol("local", new
> org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalTransport());
>         HTTPTransport httpTransport = new HTTPTransport();
>         setTransportForProtocol("http", httpTransport);
>         setTransportForProtocol("http", httpTransport);
The above line should be:
           setTransportForProtocol("https", httpTransport);