Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by David Thielen <da...@windward.net> on 2004/04/19 01:48:16 UTC

Is a compiled web service bound to Axis?

Hi;

It seems to me that when I have my code autogenerated, it requires Axis jar
files. Does this mean I have to autogenerate code for each web server I run
on? I am asking because I am building a library that will be used by
multiple installations at various companies.

Thanks - dave

RE: Is a compiled web service bound to Axis?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
At this point, a Web service client or server is dependent on the runtime
associated with the tools used to build the service. You cannot mix and
match the runtimes. But  -- you can deploy Axis runtime in any servlet
engine.

Anne

  _____