Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by venugopal melukote <ve...@skynland.in> on 2010/02/02 09:07:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache server configuration help required centos 5/3

Hello,

I am facing one problem in http server configuration in centos 5.3. When
i tried to upload file to server through http client it is saying that "
An HTTP error occurred while uploading file, Error code 403:forbidden.
But I am able to browse the directory through browser.
I need help to solve this problem.
My httpd.conf like this

DocumentRoot "/home/httpd/webdav"

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory "/home/httpd/webdav">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
     UserDir disable
   #UserDir public_html
</IfModule>

<Directory /home/httpd/webdav>
#    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>
    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

Thanks
Venugopal

Re: [users@httpd] Apache server configuration help required centos 5/3

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 2:27 PM, venugopal melukote
<ve...@skynland.in> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My error log says
>
> [Tue Feb 02 11:52:32 2010] [error] [client 172.16.10.10] client denied by
> server configuration: /home/httpd/webdav/vulcan1.txt

You have to enable DAV for this directory. From the config you showed
us I cannot determine if you did so.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org

Re: [users@httpd] Apache server configuration help required centos 5/3

Posted by venugopal melukote <ve...@skynland.in>.
Hello,

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
<ve...@skynland.in> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am facing one problem in http server configuration in centos 5.3. When i
> tried to upload file to server through http client it is saying that " An
> HTTP error occurred while uploading file, Error code 403:forbidden.
> But I am able to browse the directory through browser.
> I need help to solve this problem.
> My httpd.conf like this

What does your errorlog say?

--