Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Rob Wyrick <ro...@wyrick.org> on 2004/05/18 22:18:11 UTC

2.5?

Are there any plans to release XML-Xerces-2.5 in the near future?

Thanks,
Rob

Re: 2.5?

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
Rob Wyrick <ro...@wyrick.org> writes:

> Are there any plans to release XML-Xerces-2.5 in the near future?

Yes, but there is a build problem that I haven't yet solved - I did
compile it but it didn't work out of the box, so I put it on the shelf
for a rainy day.

I'll look at it again soon.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so feel free to send more messages
letting me know exactly how important this is to you, and it will
remind me to look again at why it didn't compile.

Cheers,
jas.

Re: 2.5?

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
Rob Wyrick <ro...@wyrick.org> writes:

> Are there any plans to release XML-Xerces-2.5 in the near future?

Indeed - there are always plans - but my partner would rather I spend
more time with her than on the computer. I do want to work on Xerces
more than I do, but I don't currently have any support to do the work,
either monetarily or from other developers.

My suggestion is to write constant supportive emails to the list
letting me know how useful it would be to you and get all your friends
and co-workers to do the same, and then I can use that as sufficient
proof to the powers-that-be that it really is important...

The louder and more frequently you let me know, the more likely I'll
be able to do it.

Cheers,
jas.