Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Xavier Toth <tx...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/17 23:42:05 UTC

sun jars

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but my dependencies for things
like activation and mail fail to download the jars because they aren't in
the repositiory. Where are others getting these type of jars?

Re: sun jars

Posted by mika <mi...@konglomerat.ch>.
Due to licensing issues you have to copy these libs to your local repo
(or an internal repo) manually. For m1 this page defined suggests the
groupIds / artifactIds to use:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/standard-sun-jar-names.html

I think the suggested names stay the same with m2 though the actual
location the artifacts are looked up in your local/internal repo changed
somehow..

e.g. j2ee-1.4.jar:

m1-repo:
~/.maven/repository/javax.j2ee/jars/j2ee-1.4.jar

m2-repo:
~/.m2/repository/javax/j2ee/j2ee/1.4/j2ee-1.4.jar

You can get the jars either from SUN or from a clean-room spec
implementation (e.g. http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/geronimo-spec)
available thru the maven repo (you'll have to rename the jar-file).

Regards,
mika

Re: sun jars

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@apache.org>.
From: "Arik Kfir" <ar...@gmail.com>

> I'd suggest not putting them in your local repo by hand, but use:
>
> m2 install:install-file
>   -Dfile=<path-to-file>
>   -DgroupId=<group-id>
>   -DartifactId=<artifact-id>
>   -Dversion=<version>
>   -Dpackaging=<packaging>
>

> (all in one line of course)

<wishlist>
A very simple GUI that lets you navigate to the location of <path-to-file>
and pick it, then type in the rest and click a button.
</wishlist>

Is it possible with a plugin?  (I don't do Swing...)  Now someone will tell
me it's already done. :)

--
Wendy

Re: sun jars

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
Oh...no, I don't think so ;-)

Re: sun jars

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
I was thinking in terms of m1. :)

Re: sun jars

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: sun jars

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

Re: sun jars

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Xavier,

These JARs are not in the repository because they can't be
redistributed. You need to download them from Sun's site (at
http://java.sun.com) and install them manually in your local
repository.

See http://maven.apache.org/maven2/general.html#importing-jars for
manually installing JARs in your local repository.
See http://maven.apache.org/reference/standard-sun-jar-names.html for
more information regarding the appropriate group and artifact ID to
use when installing them in your local repo.

Cheers,
  Arik.