Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at> on 2005/01/13 15:10:59 UTC

CLI Recursion Again

Dear other CLI users

maybe someone can give me a hint: after some configuration effort
(blocks) the CLI with cli.xconf is *basically* working, but I am not
able to solve one problem, which should be simple, I assume:

I want to create an off line site *recursively*, meaning, that the links
should be followed; I try to do this with the following entry in the
cli.xconf:

        <uri
            type="append"
            follow-links="true"
            src="buch/index.html"
            dest="build/dest/"
        />

but the problem is: *only* the "index.html" document is created and no
sub documents...?

any ideas or suggestions?

thanks a lot!

Alex

Re: CLI Recursion Again

Posted by Simon Mieth <si...@gmx.de>.
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:15:14 +0100
Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at> wrote:

> >http://localhost:8888/my/site/index.html?cocoon-view=links
> >
> >This should give a list off all links in the page.
> >

> no, it does not: the page is rendered as usual, no difference; but the

> page is rather simple; just a series of html links... so it should
find
> a lot of sub-pages...
>

> really, have no further idea...?
>

> Alex

Hi,

have you inside your sitemap.xmap the following view:

<map:sitemap>

<map:components/>

<!-- add this in all subsitemaps too -->

<map:views>
 <map:view from-position="last" name="links">
     <map:serialize type="links"/>
 </map:view>
</map:views>

<map:pipelines/>

</map:sitemap>

This is needed in a subsitemap.xmap too.

This view gives back a list of all links (plain-text).

You can try this with

http://localhost:8888/docs/index.html?cocoon-view=links

gives a list of all links of the cocoon-docmentation.

The serializer normally find all html-links and image-src.

Maybe you can test your pipeline with <map:serialize type="links"/>
instead of <map:serialize type="html"/> to test if the serializer works.

Are there  errors or exceptions inside the logs?

Best Regards,

Simon

Re: CLI Recursion Again

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at>.
Simon Mieth wrote:

>the uri-element itself does not suüüpport follow-links only the
>uris-element. Simple enclose the uri with:
>
><uris follow-links=§"true">
> <uri
>             type="append"
>             src="buch/index.html"
>             dest="build/dest/"
>         />
>
></uris>.

actually I tried both; now I tried your version again, but with the same
result: only index.html

Re: CLI Recursion Again

Posted by Simon Mieth <si...@t-online.de>.
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:10:59 +0100
Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at> wrote:

> Dear other CLI users
>

> maybe someone can give me a hint: after some configuration effort
> (blocks) the CLI with cli.xconf is *basically* working, but I am not
> able to solve one problem, which should be simple, I assume:
>
> I want to create an off line site *recursively*, meaning, that the
links
> should be followed; I try to do this with the following entry in the
> cli.xconf:
>

>         <uri
>             type="append"
>             follow-links="true"
>             src="buch/index.html"
>             dest="build/dest/"
>         />
>

> but the problem is: *only* the "index.html" document is created and no

> sub documents...?
>
> any ideas or suggestions?
>

> thanks a lot!
>

> Alex

Hi,

the uri-element itself does not suüüpport follow-links only the
uris-element. Simple enclose the uri with:

<uris follow-links=§"true">
 <uri
             type="append"
             src="buch/index.html"
             dest="build/dest/"
         />

</uris>.

In the servlet mode you can view all links by append the
cocoon-view=links like:

http://localhost:8888/my/site/index.html?cocoon-view=links

This should give a list off all links in the page.

If there are no links in the list, the CocoonBean has nothing to follow.

Best Regards,

Simon