Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gastone Penzo <ga...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/15 12:23:27 UTC

Solr query POST and not in GET

Hi,
is possible to change Solr sending query method from get to post?
because my query has a lot of OR..OR..OR and the log says to me Request URI
too large
Where can i change it??
thanx

--
Gastone Penzo

www.solr-italia.it
The first italian blog about SOLR

Re: Solr query POST and not in GET

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Please do not cross-post between lists - yours seems like a user
query to me, so I'm answering it here.

As to your question - Solr does not select the request method -
you do. I've just tested it and Solr happily accepts a query via
a POST request.

However, you'd probably do well to look at other ways to
structure your query if you're hitting the URL length limit.

Upayavira

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:23 +0100, "Gastone Penzo"
<ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

  Hi,

is possible to change Solr sending query method from get to post?

because my query has a lot of OR..OR..OR and the log says to me
Request URI too large

Where can i change it??

thanx

--
Gastone Penzo

[1]www.solr-italia.it

The first italian blog about SOLR

References

1. http://www.solr-italia.it/
---
Enterprise Search Consultant at Sourcesense UK,
Making Sense of Open Source

Re: Solr query POST and not in GET

Posted by Geert-Jan Brits <gb...@gmail.com>.
Yes it's possible.
Assuming your using SolrJ as a client-library:

set:
QueryRequest req = new QueryRequest();
req.setMethod(METHOD.POST);

Any other client-library should have a similar method.
hth,
Geert-Jan