Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Toby Piper <tp...@CompCraft.com> on 2000/08/09 18:22:49 UTC

JSP and JDK

Hi All,

I want to use JSP and want to be able to ship my JSP pages and tomcat and
have the user install them. However JSP use requires javac. I don't want the
user to have to download the JDK separately (and I also want to control the
java version).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Toby

Re: Are the following jsp-tags supported in tomcat ?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Olaf Foellinger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we've got the impression that the following jsp-tags are not supported
> with tomcat
>
> <jsp:directive.include file="..." />
> <jsp:directive.page file="..." />
> <jsp:declaration> ...</jsp:declaration>
> <jsp:scriplet> ...</jsp:scriptlet>
> <jsp:expression> ...</jsp:expression>
>
> Is our observation rigth or our configuration wrong ?

For Tomcat 3.1 and 3.2, your observation is correct ... none of the "XML
syntax" of a JSP page is accepted.  The old Tomcat 3.0 code accepted some
(but not all) of the XML syntax, and it incorrectly allowed you to mix XML
and JSP syntax in the same page -- this code was removed before 3.1 was
released.

Support for XML syntax is a high priority feature for Tomcat 4.0, which
will support the next versions of the Servlet and JSP specs (work can
begin once these specs enter "initial public draft" status).

> Greetings Olaf

Craig McClanahan

Are the following jsp-tags supported in tomcat ?