Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Stephan Marwedel <ma...@thales.de> on 2000/05/25 11:42:39 UTC

Xalan C++ on UNIX

Hello,

did anybody ever try do use Xalan C++ on UNIX? I checked out the
latest sources from the CVS tree and tried to compile on Linux using
the latest gcc, but never got it to work. Has development of the C++
version halted, because everybody uses Java? I've been using Xerces
C++ on various platforms (Linux, HP-UX, AIX) and I think it's a great
piece of software. Thanks to everyone involved for the good work. Will
there be a usable C++ version of Xalan in the near future?

I want to switch from Java to C++ for performance and compatibility
reasons.

Regards

Stephan

Stephan Marwedel, Object Technology Group      .~.
THALES Communication GmbH, Hamburg, Germany    /V\
Email: marwedel@thales.de                    //   \\
Web: http://www.thales.de                   /(     )\
                                              ^^-^^
                                               Tux