Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/19 16:44:12 UTC

Welcome Apurv Verma as new Apache Hama committer

Dear all,

please join me in welcoming Apurv Verma as a new committer in the Apache
Hama project.
He's given valuable contributions to the project, he's the first new
committer joining Hama as a TLP and we're happy he joined the team :-)
Apurv, if you don't mind it'd be nice if you can spend a few words
presenting yourself (it's an old Lucene tradition which I think would nice
to pull here too).

Welcome on board Apurv.
Kind regards,
Tommaso

Re: Welcome Apurv Verma as new Apache Hama committer

Posted by Chia-Hung Lin <cl...@googlemail.com>.
Congratulation, Apurv!

Posted by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Apurv - Praveen

Posted by Apurv Verma <da...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for your wishes. I look forward to this position of
responsibility and I hope that I am able to match to the standards of the
community . There are many things that I have to still learn though.

About me:
I am Apurv Verma and I am 21 years old. I live in Lucknow in India and I
have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Indian Institute of
Technology, Ropar.  I am interested in Java ,Distributed Systems and Data
Structures. Some of the things that I want to learn in the near future are
Machine Learning and Algorithm competitions.

Apart from programming, I have a penchant for writing stories/poems,
reading and travelling. I wish to travel the world and write at-least one
good book in my lifetime ;) . I am also interested in spirituality and
"yoga".

I would also like take this opportunity to thank some of the people who
helped me in various ways, Thomas Jungblut, Edward Yoon, Suraj Menon and
Praveen Sripati. Thank you all.

BTW this Lucene tradition is really nice :)
--
thanks and regards,

Apurv Verma
India