Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by משפחת ינקוביץ <ya...@012.net.il> on 2014/11/26 22:54:22 UTC

.oldlogs arent being cleaned

Hi,

We have a cluster participating in cycle replication.

We noticed that the .oldlogs folder takes 4.4T (4.4 T    /hbase/.oldlogs).

The  replication is working fine and snapshots are used well right now, but
I noticed that the last oldlogs file was added at October 2014.

Does anyone have any idea why they aren’t being cleaned? Can I delete them?

I am running hbase 0.94.6 (CDH 4.5).

Thanks,

Re: .oldlogs arent being cleaned

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
What happens when you flush all tables - you can do that via the shell, and then issue a log_roll - also via the shell?HBase needs to keep the logs around as long as there is even a single edit left in it that is not guaranteed to be flushed to disk.

-- Lars

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
What's your retention policy toward existing snapshots ?

Cheers