Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dan Horne <dh...@xtra.co.nz> on 2002/01/10 09:40:23 UTC

Installing mod_perl with ActiveState

Hi all

I have just installed the binary of Apache v1.3.22 on Windows 2000 and have
attempted to add mod_perl. I am using ActiveState Perl 5.6.1

The installation of mod_perl (from theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca) via ppm fails when
it attempts to install mod_perl.so to c:\apache root. The default location
for apache when I installed it was c:\program files\apache group\apache. I
followed the instructions and manually copied mod_perl.so to my modules
directory.

However, when I run "apache -t" I am warned of "Invalid command
'PerlHander'" in my startup.pl file. This suggests that mod_perl is not
installed. ppm -query mod_perl suggests that it is installed correctly by
ppm. I have tried installing and reinstalling, but to no avail.

I have also entered:

in httpd.conf, which parses okay.

Any ideas?

Dan

RE: Installing mod_perl with ActiveState

Posted by Dan Horne <dh...@xtra.co.nz>.
CU, cheers for this -

2 Things:

1. I reinstalled apache in c:/apache
2. I added "AddModule mod_perl.c" as you mentioned below. I did try with my
old installation, but it didn't seem to parse. I don't know what was
different this time other than my installation directory

Thanks again

Dan

> The installation of mod_perl (from theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca) via ppm fails
when
> it attempts to install mod_perl.so to c:\apache root. The default location
> for apache when I installed it was c:\program files\apache group\apache. I
> followed the instructions and manually copied mod_perl.so to my modules
> directory.

Does it now fails in Installtion or ...

> LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so
> in httpd.conf, which parses okay.

... does it parse OK?

I used the above ingredients and the result was OK, from the scratch.
I installed it in E:\Server\Apache, so no spaces. But this shouldn't
be the problem?

AddModule mod_perl.c

CU Christian

Re: Installing mod_perl with ActiveState

Posted by "C.Hauser - IT assistance GmbH" <c....@itassistance.ch>.