Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2018/05/14 21:07:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] Migrate from Subversion to Git

Hello all

Apache SIS code is currently hosted on Apache Subversion at [1], with a
read-only mirror on GitHub [2]. However Google Summer of Code students
tend to work on a GitHub clone. We also receive some occasional pull
request on GitHub, which require manual work for merging to Subversion.

About 80 Apache projects use Git as their primary source code
repository, hosted on GitBox [4] with a mirror on GitHub. Should we
migrate to GitBox too? Note that if we move to Git, the branch names
would not necessarily be the same than the current code on GitHub [2] -
that would be a separated discussion.

    Martin

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sis/
[2] https://github.com/apache/sis/
[3] https://github.com/apache/sis/pulls
[4] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf

Re: [DISCUSS] Migrate from Subversion to Git

Posted by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Sent from my iPhone