Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by apurva sharma <ap...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/22 19:44:30 UTC

Sqoop 1.4.3 with Hadoop 1.0.1 installation issue : NoClassDefFoundError

Hi All,

I am running into installation errors while installing Sqoop1.4.3 on a
single node Hadoop cluster running Hadoop 1.0.1
Here are the installation steps I did:

1. Get the sqoop tarball
cd /usr/local
curl -O
http://www.apache.org/dist/sqoop/1.4.3/sqoop-1.4.3.bin__hadoop-1.0.0.tar.gz

2. Unpack the file
tar -zxvf sqoop-1.4.3.bin__hadoop-1.0.0.tar.gz

3. Set up a symlink
ln -s /usr/local/sqoop-1.4.3.bin__hadoop-1.0.0/ /usr/local/sqoop

4. Add the following to bashrc
export SQOOP_HOME=/usr/local/sqoop
export PATH=$PATH:$SQOOP_HOME/bin

5. reload bashrc

6..
-bash-3.2$ sqoop-version
org/apache/sqoop/Sqoop
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop
Could not find the main class: org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.  Program will exit.

There are links like :
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/sqoop-user/201207.mbox/%3CCAH-_ydjzhkc3GSMF9UfaZBBfa-L6DH0jnq7ZR9Tu0nHwJ-0fbw@mail.gmail.com%3E
but they are not entirely clear to me.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Apurva

Apurva

RE: Sqoop 1.4.3 with Hadoop 1.0.1 installation issue : NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Ajit Kumar Shreevastava <Aj...@hcl.com>.
Hi Apporva,

Also export the following in your bash profile.
export SQOOP_CONF_DIR=/usr/local/sqoop/conf

And  try to run
Sqoop version

Regards,
Ajit

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/sqoop/Sqoop
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop
Could not find the main class: org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.  Program will exit.

-bash-3.2$ sqoop version
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/sqoop/Sqoop
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop
Could not find the main class: org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.  Program will exit.

-Apurva

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM, Babu, Prashanth <Pr...@nttdata.com>> wrote:
Did you try sqoop version instead of sqoop -version?
Also, try sqoop help once to see all the available commands.

[...]

Disclaimer:This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying or forwarding

Apurva

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: Sqoop 1.4.3 with Hadoop 1.0.1 installation issue : NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by apurva sharma <ap...@gmail.com>.
No such luck..

-bash-3.2$ sqoop help