Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Burger <m...@rtin-burger.de> on 2005/07/18 14:59:31 UTC

[M1] Adding tools.jar

Hello,

I added JDK's tools.jar as follows:

project.properties:
=== snip ===
maven.jar.override=on
maven.jar.tools=${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar
=== snap ===

project.xml
=== snip ===
        <!-- Sun's tool.jar -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>sun</groupId>
            <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
            <type>jar</type>
        </dependency>
=== snap ===

That solution taken from the list is not platform independent: On Mac OS
X there's no tools.jar. Instead these classes are located in Apple's
classes.jar.

So, if I want to use that project with Maven on Mac OS X Maven will try
to find tools.jar in
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/lib but will
fail - there's no tools.jar as described above.

So, do you know any solution for that problem? Commenting out the
dependency is no valid solution... ;-)

Regards,
    Martin

Re: [M1] Adding tools.jar

Posted by Martin Burger <m...@rtin-burger.de>.
Marc Jambert schrieb am 18.07.2005 15:16:

> Hello Martin,
>
> Thanks for answering.
> the only problem is that I am using Maven2 and it appears there is no
> sun groupid in the m2 repo...

Sorry, my email was intended as question, not as answer.

Regards,
    Martin

Re: [M1] Adding tools.jar

Posted by Marc Jambert <ma...@vegatechnologies.fr>.