Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Steve Buroff <sj...@lucent.com> on 2000/08/08 16:44:30 UTC

reproducing internal DTD in XML output

I'm using xerces 1.1.3. I have an XML file with an internal DTD (as well as an
external one). I parse it using DOM. I want to write out the DOM tree to an
XML file and get back what I started with. I'm using an OutputFormat and a
Serializer. On the OutputFormat, I call setDoctype() and setOmitXMLDeclaration(false);
The DOCTYPE declaration appears in the output with the correct root node name and
the correct SYSTEM value. However, the internal DTD isn't there. Is there a way to
get the internal DTD too? TIA.

Steve Buroff

Re: reproducing internal DTD in XML output

Posted by Steve Buroff <sj...@lucent.com>.
Thanks for confirming this. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or I was doing
something wrong. I'll just hold off until the next release of xerces.
Thanks again.

Steve Buroff
  > I'm using xerces 1.1.3. I have an XML file with an internal DTD (as
  > well as an
  > external one). I parse it using DOM. I want to write out the DOM tree
  > to an
  > XML file and get back what I started with. I'm using an OutputFormat
  > and a
  > Serializer. On the OutputFormat, I call setDoctype() and
  > setOmitXMLDeclaration(false);
  > The DOCTYPE declaration appears in the output with the correct root
  > node name and
  > the correct SYSTEM value. However, the internal DTD isn't there. Is
  > there a way to
  > get the internal DTD too? TIA.
  >
  > Steve Buroff

  Looks like a bug in the serializer.

Re: reproducing internal DTD in XML output

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.