Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by elliottjf <jf...@pobox.com> on 2007/01/31 21:26:22 UTC

Are Exclusive Consumer queues honored across a broker cluster?

Hello,

I'm attempting to use the "consumer.exclusive=true" destination option
against a cluster of brokers, but it's appearing that consumers attached to
different brokers are not getting excluded from each other.  Is this
expected behavior, or are there any tricks in getting things configured
correctly?

This seems like a very natural use case.  It would be very useful to know if
people are successfully doing this or not.

cheers,
 - joe

Re: Are Exclusive Consumer queues honored across a broker cluster?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 1/31/07, elliottjf <jf...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to use the "consumer.exclusive=true" destination option
> against a cluster of brokers, but it's appearing that consumers attached to
> different brokers are not getting excluded from each other.  Is this
> expected behavior, or are there any tricks in getting things configured
> correctly?
>
> This seems like a very natural use case.  It would be very useful to know if
> people are successfully doing this or not.

Exclusive consumers & message groups do not work across a network of
brokers (which are a collection of independent brokers which store and
forward to each other).

If you want exclusive consumers or message groups, then use
master/slave to implement your 'cluster of brokers'

--

James
-------