Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Curtis Taylor <cu...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/28 19:28:40 UTC

Upgrading a Struts 1.1 app to 1.2.1: any 'gotchas' to watch for?

Hi everyone,

After a cursory check of the Wiki & Struts site, I have a question for the
collective expertise in the group.

I'd like to leverage all the new features & fixes available in the 1.2.1
release by upgrading my existing app. Here's what we're running now:

Struts/Tiles 1.1
sslext for Struts 1.10 - 4
IBM WebSphere 5.1
JSTL 1.0 (Thanks, IBM ;-)

Has anyone experienced any issues doing such an upgrade?

Thanks in advance for sharing any tribal knowledge,

--Curtis

Re: Upgrading a Struts 1.1 app to 1.2.1: any 'gotchas' to watch for?

Posted by Nathan Maves <Na...@Sun.COM>.
Everything worked great!

Make sure that you use the new jars supplied in the download.

sslext still works fine for me.

You will also have to make sure that you are using ActionMessages.

Nathan

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Niall,
I have posted your comments on the Struts Wiki.  Hopefully this page
will be updated as new "gotchas" are found.
    http://wiki.apache.org/struts/Struts1_2e1to1_2e2_2e1UpgradeNotes

I have also found them very helpful.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Curtis Taylor <cu...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the detail, Niall; I quite look forward to the upgrade (never
thought I'd hear myself say something like that ;-)

And thank you, Nathan for the positive response.

Curtis