Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ganesh M <mg...@live.in> on 2016/10/22 18:58:02 UTC

SUM Function performance

Hi,
We will have 10K documents for every hour. We would like to find sum on one field f1 based on certain condition and sum it based on group by another field f2
What will be the performance of it ? When this summation happens there could be other queries coming from other concurrent users.

I am planning to do summing using following statement

http://localhost:8983/solr/query?q=*:*&
   json.facet={x:'sum(price)'}

How far is this operation is costly. Can we execute this for every hour for 10k documents?

Regards,
Ganesh