Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/22 12:45:11 UTC

Tapestry's own security module

Hi,

Just curious (It may end up as a foolish question!) .... why don't we have a
tapestry-security module which is generic and can have plugins like shino or
spring-security or a simple role based model.... ?

This will make security pluggable.

We can have tapestry specific authorizations

@AuthorizeComponent({"deny=principal:someone", "admin,user"},
unauthorizeAction={DISABLE|HIDE|AUTHORIZE|RENDER_READONLY})

@AuthorizeEvent

@Authorize....

regards
Taha

Re: Tapestry's own security module

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:26:11 -0200, Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Actually I had already read the article. But then this argument is not
> applicable to security alone...

We're discussing security. :)

> what we generally do is take the generalizations together and create a
> module... right ?

I don't think so. Trying to do everything at the same time almost never
ends with something with good quality. I have one security package and so
does ChenilleKit. Both have different models that couldn't be merged
without creating a very ugly, hard to use and understand Frankenstein.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Tapestry's own security module

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Actually I had already read the article. But then this argument is not
applicable to security alone...

what we generally do is take the generalizations together and create a
module... right ?

taha

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.