Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by uygunes <uy...@rbtx.org> on 2012/11/08 10:15:56 UTC

Solr - Best way to handle Solr connection

Hi all,

On our servers we have been dealing with the CLOSE_WAIT problem. The
documentation of Solr says to use a static object and use it for all
connections. We are on Solr 3.3 and this approach seems to be creating
hanging queries for us and slowing down the website.

But when we create a new object each time, we face the CLOSE_WAIT issue. I
am looking for recommendations, would it solve my issue just to simply
upgrade to 3.6 and then use static object? or keep creating new objects each
time but call shutDown() afterwards?

Thanks