Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2013/07/01 19:20:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.9

I've created a release candidate (RC0) for hadoop-0.23.9 that I would like
to release.

The RC is available at:
http://people.apache.org/~tgraves/hadoop-0.23.9-candidate-0/
The RC tag in svn is here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.23.9-rc0/

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days til July 8th.

I am +1 (binding).

thanks,
Tom Graves

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.9

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Verified sigs and sums
- Built from the source tarball
- Deployed the binary tarball as a single-node cluster (wo/security) and verified a couple simple jobs.

--
Derek

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

- Verified checksums and signatures
- Booted single-node cluster from binary tarball and ran a few sample jobs
- Built source distribution, installed a single-node cluster and ran a
few sample jobs

Jason

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.
+1, downloaded the release, verified signs, ran examples and succeeded.

Thanks
Devaraj k

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non binding)

I downloaded and tested the release, I checked the "legal" files.
It looks good to me.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.9

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Ran a pseudo-distributed cluster and few sample jobs. Everything worked as
expected.

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 downloaded the release. verified sigs and sums. verified docs and
verified native compiles on ubuntu and runs examples as expected.

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Thanks everyone for voting.
The vote has passed with 9 +1's (4 non-binding and 5 binding) and 0 -1's.
I will push the release.

Tom

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Thanks everyone for voting.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 downloaded the release.  Ran a couple of simple jobs and everything
worked.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.