Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/04 15:58:20 UTC

[Build error] - I can not build a freash copy of r411545

Hi All...

I've been struggling too long trying to building G, but all my tries failed.
I got a fresh copy of r411545 and got the following error while trying to
build it

http://rifers.org/paste/show/877

I talked with djencks on IRC and he ask me to try building TrnaQl and OEJB
separatly and then try to build G again, but while I am trying to build OEJB
I got the following error

http://rifers.org/paste/show/878

so please help.

-----------------------------------
"Never give up, Never..."
-----------------------------------

*Thanks and best regards*
*Mohammad Nour El-Din*

Re: [Build error] - I can not build a freash copy of r411545

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 9, 2006, at 9:13 PM, Mohammed Nour wrote:

> Hi All...
> I did what u told me Joe and guess what, at last I can say
> Geronimoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :), I
> got a successful build, I guess the whole problem was the length of
> the directory within which I put src code. Thanks a lot guys :)
Hey Mohammed,
Congrats! +1 for your perseverance. Things can get a bit tough as we
near the end of a release cycle. Hopefully the big obstacles are out
of the way. Let us know how things go for you...

--kevan

Posted by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi All...

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: [Build error] - I can not build a freash copy of r411545

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi All...

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jun 8, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Mohammed Nour wrote:

> Hi Matt...
>

> On 6/8/06, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:
> Hello Mohammed,
>
> The Specs are built using Maven 2.  The command is mvn install.
> Unfortunately we're using two
> versions of Maven right now.  The conversion from Maven 1 to Maven
> 2 is ongoing in Geronimo right now.
>
> Yeah I knew that and I built them successfuly using Maven2 version
> 2.0.4. But I susspect something is wrong, When project.xml file
> refers to a dependency which is a rar file and this rar file
> contains a jar file which contains the calss which is needed to
> compile the code successfuly, how Maven does know which jar of them
> is the right one to add to the classpath ?

Is there an error that makes you suspect this?

Basically, there is no magic like what you are asking about.  A maven
dependency on a rar (or war or ear) file can't get anything into any
classpath by itself, it just assures that maven will check that the
artifact is in your local repo (and maybe fetch it, if you are
lucky).  The only way to get at the insides of one of these files in
geronimo is to deploy it into a module (formerly called
configuration) stored in a car file.  This contains the jars etc from
the rar/war/ear unpacked together with relative path information on
how to construct a classloader that can load all the classes.  Note
that the packaging and assembly plugins run bits of geronimo out of
your local maven repository, blurring the distinction between what is
done by maven and what by geronimo.

Hope this is related to what you were asking :-)

thanks
david jencks

Re: [Build error] - I can not build a freash copy of r411545

Posted by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt...

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Hello Mohammed,

Posted by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt...

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Just got back to work...happening now :)

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.