Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "abhisekgunnia@yahoo.com" <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2013/10/23 03:19:50 UTC

Hive Hbase Integration

Hi All,

This question is to the developers in hbase and hive integration expertise.

How effective is it to create a external hbase table in hive. Refer the below link for hive-hbase integration.

Please advice if this would be good idea to go with in a large volume of data being accessed concurrently.

I have been hearing bad remarks on this approach that hive scans the complete hbase table and then applies the filters. This results performance degrade. Is it true ?

Thanks,

Abhi

Sent from my HTC

Re: Hive Hbase Integration

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
this list isn't the place to find developers on those projects. More
importantly, you'll find developers tend to ignore such questions on the
list -expecting you to ask such things on the user lists. All that happens
is that when you do have a serious problem, there's a risk it gets ignored.

Please try hive-user

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE