Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bob T <rt...@localnet.com> on 2002/04/12 16:33:39 UTC

CGI Dir

Apache seems to read CGI scripts from the htdoc dir just fine..but
not the cgi-bin dir??

Here are the lines in my .conf I use to direct to th cgi-bin and execute CGI
scripts. I have tried ScriptAlias with and without  quotes and trailing  / .

DocumentRoot "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs"
<Directory "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs">
 Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews +ExecCGI
  AllowOverride None
  Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options Indexes FollowSymlinks +ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl

Thank You
BOB

Re: HTTPS: on apache ~advice on overall file config

Posted by Subscribed <su...@myarchive.biz>.
Right, I added it as a "Hmm, this isnt working, lets try something off the
wall"

:c)

Using Loadmodule, the error is :
cannot load (dir)\mod_ssl.so into server: (127) the specified procedure
cannot be found
Thats whats blasting me, its there, it's not corrupt... ???

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.

Posted by Subscribed <su...@myarchive.biz>.
hehe! Maybe not, I hear 2.0 has probs with win2k though... what ver. would
you recommend?

====================================
"It is said that if you line up all the cars in the
world end to end, someone would be stupid
enough to try and pass them."
====================================
Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.

Posted by Subscribed <su...@myarchive.biz>.
I've been using apache for over a year now and have just come to the point
that I need a secure server for folks to
input their SSN: etc.
First thing I did was go out and get Open SA and unzip that little darling
over my existing apache files. Well all ran fine, with the -D SSL call, (and
port 443 open :c)
except for this error...

cannot load C:\Program Files\The Open Server Architecture Project\OpenSA web
server\opensa\apache/modules/mod_ssl.so into server: (182)

Also, I checked and the file exists and is in the appropriate directory.
Im running apache 1.3.9 on Win2k box, 700mhz and 512mb ram using this
httpd.conf file:

ServerType standalone

ServerRoot "C:\Program Files\The Open Server Architecture Project\OpenSA web
server\opensa\apache"

PidFile logs/httpd.pid

ScoreBoardFile logs/apache_runtime_status

Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
MaxRequestsPerChild 0
ThreadsPerChild 50
<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
</IfDefine>
Port 443

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
Listen 443
</IfModule>

ServerAdmin *****(email)
ServerName *****(domain name)

DocumentRoot "H:/web"
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory "H:\web">
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    UserDir "C:/Program Files/The Open Server Architecture Project/OpenSA
web server/opensa/apache/users/"
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html
</IfModule>
AccessFileName .htaccess
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Files>
UseCanonicalName On
<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    TypesConfig conf/mime.types
</IfModule>
DefaultType text/plain
<IfModule mod_mime_magic.c>
    MIMEMagicFile conf/magic
</IfModule>
HostnameLookups Off
ErrorLog logs/error.log
LogLevel warn
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
CustomLog logs/access.log common
ServerSignature On

   #!c:/program files/perl/perl
<IfModule mod_alias.c>
    Alias /icons/ "@@ServerRoot@@/icons/"

    <Directory "@@ServerRoot@@/icons">
        Options Indexes MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "@@ServerRoot@@/cgi-bin/"
    <Directory "@@ServerRoot@@/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_autoindex.c>
    IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    AddIconByEncoding (CMP,/icons/compressed.gif) x-compress x-gzip

    AddIconByType (TXT,/icons/text.gif) text/*
    AddIconByType (IMG,/icons/image2.gif) image/*
    AddIconByType (SND,/icons/sound2.gif) audio/*
    AddIconByType (VID,/icons/movie.gif) video/*
(more icon references...)

       DefaultIcon /icons/unknown.gif
    ReadmeName README
    HeaderName HEADER

        IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t

</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_mime.c>

     AddEncoding x-compress Z
    AddEncoding x-gzip gz tgz
   (language and char set references)
    AddType application/x-tar .tgz
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
    BrowserMatch "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive
    BrowserMatch "MSIE 4\.0b2;" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
    BrowserMatch "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0
    BrowserMatch "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0
    BrowserMatch "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0

</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl    .crl

SSLPassPhraseDialog  builtin
SSLSessionCache         dbm:logs/ssl/ssl_scache
SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300
SSLMutex  sem
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
SSLLog      logs/ssl/ssl_engine.log
SSLLogLevel info

SSLEngine on

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

SSLCertificateFile "@@ServerRoot@@/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile "@@ServerRoot@@/conf/ssl.key/server.key"
<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php?)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
<Directory "@@ServerRoot@@/cgi-bin">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

CustomLog logs/ssl/ssl_request.log \
          "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

</VirtualHost>
</IfModule>
SSLMutex sem
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLSessionCache none

SSLLog logs/SSL.log
SSLLogLevel info
# You can later change this to "warn" if everything is OK

<VirtualHost www.****.com:443>
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/(domain name).cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/(domain name).key
</VirtualHost>

I know this is more than you needed, but I'm looking for any constructive
advice you experts may have. :c)