Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com> on 2012/10/25 11:38:39 UTC

mustella performance

Hi,

What is going on with the mustella test suite that would make all quad
core cpus run at 100%?

I know these tests are broad but, my computer got really unstable
trying to run -all.

Fact is I don't have time to wait an hour to see if I broke something
when I am just doing edits in build files.

BTW I had to kill all the java processes to get my computer not to crash.

I'm running an HP Core Quad Q9300 2.5, 8GB Ram

I have had this computer for a couple years and never had a problem
like this only with some older programs.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Re: mustella performance

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
In the compile phase, mustella uses every available core for compilation.
In an -all run on my quad core Windows laptop, the entire run takes around 8
hours, but mostly that is due to the runner phase which runs each test SWF
serially.

To test build-script changes, I would just run ant main checkintests.
Then do an -all run at the very end overnight just in case.
But I would do an -all run tonight so you know that it works for you.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: mustella performance

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Re: mustella performance

Posted by Jarosław Szczepankiewicz <js...@gmail.com>.

Re: mustella performance

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Just found a better solution:

you can give cygwin a lower priority.
Write a new batch file, for exampe "cygstart.bat" with the following
content:

# cygstart.bat
start "Cygwin" /low C:\cygwin\Cygwin.bat

While I'm writing this email, my tests are running :)

As a hint, I set the process priority of my shell lower than normal and can
use windows almost normaly while the tests are running.

Re: mustella performance

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.