Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rashi gandhi <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/25 09:22:10 UTC

Fwd: Change in the Score of Similiar Documents

Hi,

I have created two shards at SOLR Server and I have indexed 6 documents
(all docs having exactly same data = Welcome to SOLR).

Let’s say ids are from 1 to 6 and they are indexed in such a way :

Shard_one : ids with 2,4,6 are present in this shard.

Shard_two : ids with 1,3,5 are present in this shard.

When I search “SOLR”  , all documents are returned (as expected) but in
order like 2, 4, 6, 1, 3, 5

With docs with id (2,4,6) having slightly high score than docs with id
(1,3,5).

I am not able to figure out why there is change in the score of docs from
two different shards at the time of querying, even  if the data in all docs
are same.

Is this because of indexing at multiple shards??

Please provide me some pointers to move ahead.

Thanks,

Rashi

Re: Fwd: Change in the Score of Similiar Documents

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@safaribooksonline.com>.
Scores are related to total term frequencies *in each shard*, not
globally, and I think they may include term counts from deleted
documents as well, which could account for the discrepancy in scores
across the two shards.

-Mike