Posted to user@hive.apache.org by NamasAmitabha <hy...@hotmail.com> on 2012/08/21 07:30:45 UTC

hive comment in Chinese

Hi, all

          I tried to use Chinese in hive column comment and table comment,and the metadata in Mysql is regular,the charset of 'COMMENT' column in 'columns_v2' table and 'PARAM_VALUE' column in 'table_params' table both are 'utf8'.
          When I exec 'select * from columns_v2' with mysql client,the Chinese comments display normally. But when I execute 'describe table' with hive cli,the Chinese words are garbled.Why is it so? Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards
Zhan