Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Paul Mansfield <pa...@psineteurope.com> on 2004/02/18 17:31:30 UTC

[Fwd: Apache vs JSP vs Jetspeed]

I did some performance testing using two machines which are dual
pentium4 zeons each with 4GB of memory, u320 scsi etc.

I used jakarta jmeter on one, and tested apache 1.3.28 - modjk2 - tomcat
5.0.16 - jetspeed1.4

the results are interesting. I can't say they're perfect - far from it -
because I ran each test only one unless something made me suspicious
over results (for example ensuring no developers on either machine).

Posted by Paul Mansfield <pa...@psineteurope.com>.
On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 16:48, Mark Orciuch wrote:
> For your test, if Jetspeed is setup with db psml service, make sure you have
> the following setting in jr.props:
>
> services.PsmlManager.caching-on = true
>
> This setting is false by default. I ran some load testing recently and this
> setting made big difference for me.

thanks for that; yes, I flipped over to PSML-in-mysql and turned caching
on, it knocked about 50ms off the processing time, significant but not
enough.

Posted by Paul Mansfield <pa...@psineteurope.com>.
On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 16:48, Mark Orciuch wrote:
> For your test, if Jetspeed is setup with db psml service, make sure you have
> the following setting in jr.props:
>
> services.PsmlManager.caching-on = true

In my settings, it was off; but we're using role-base PSML in text
files.

> This setting is false by default. I ran some load testing recently and this
> setting made big difference for me.

thanks for the tip. I will re-run some of the tests with caching on and
see if it helps.

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
For your test, if Jetspeed is setup with db psml service, make sure you have
the following setting in jr.props:

services.PsmlManager.caching-on = true

This setting is false by default. I ran some load testing recently and this
setting made big difference for me.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/