Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Srinath vaidyanathan <sr...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/29 13:54:15 UTC

Aggregare Report Queer Behavior

Hello,
  I'm using jmeter 2.0.3. for stress testing a web application. i have 3
machines running jmeter-server, in my distributed testing setup. My testplan
has only SimpleDataWriter listener. I'm also doing the distributed testing
in non-gui mode. now my question is this.
  With the .jtl file that is generated by the above simpledatawriter
listener, I try to view that jtl file using Aggregate Report listener after
the test is completed. I note down the "Total avg. response time", "Total
error %" and "Total rate" values. lets say for example the values obtained
are 240ms, 0.10 & 37 req/sec respectively. Now when i view the same jtl file
say after 20 minutes using the Aggregate report listener, the "Total Rate"
value changes to something like say, 27 req/min, while the other two remain
the same. that seems strange. why does this happen? I'm completely lost.
kindly guide me with this. am i going wrong somewhere? also aggregate report
documentation is very insufficient, particularly the one for 2.0.3 version.
 Thanks
Srinath

Re: Aggregare Report Queer Behavior

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29/09/05, Srinath vaidyanathan <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
[...]
> also aggregate report
> documentation is very insufficient, particularly the one for 2.0.3 version.
>  Thanks

It would be helpful if you could create a Bugzilla issue with details
of what information you failed to find, and/or which parts of the
existing documentation are not clear.

By the way, the web-site documentation is for version 2.1.

Re: Aggregare Report Queer Behavior

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
please try the new 2.1.1 release sebb is posting this weekend and see if the
problem persists. can you also try clearing first and then reloading the
.jtl file.

peter lin