Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ronen <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/03 18:05:36 UTC

Running TestNG tests with Maven fails

Hi All,

I am trying to run TestNG tests in Maven. here is my configuration:

pom.xml:
         <dependencies>
                 <dependency>
			<groupId>org.testng</groupId>
			<artifactId>testng</artifactId>
			<version>6.3.1</version>
			<scope>test</scope>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
	<build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<version>2.11</version>
				<configuration>
					<suiteXmlFiles>
						<suiteXmlFile>src/test/resources/testng.xml</suiteXmlFile>
					</suiteXmlFiles>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>

This is the testNG conf file:
<suite name="Suite1">
	<test name="Test1">
		<groups>
			<run>
				<include name="Setup" />
				<include name="Material" />
				<include name="ShadeMaterial" />
				<include name="RecipeIngredient" />
				<include name="ShadeRecipeIngredient" />
				<include name="ColoringTreatmentParameters" />
			</run>
		</groups>

		<packages>
			<package name="coloright.hibernate.*" />
		</packages>
	</test>
</suite>

when I run with eclipse - no problem.
when I run with mvn test - all test run successfully, but build failed with
error:
suiteXmlFiles is configured, but there is no TestNG dependency

Please help