Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve <sr...@zeera.net> on 2002/09/07 22:10:17 UTC

404 errors with new context

Hi;

I'm using Tomcat 4.03 with Red Hat 7.3.

I'm having trouble setting up a <Context> for a web application and I
was hoping someone could give me a clue to what I missed in reading the
manual.

First I set up a "test" web app like this:
<Context path="/Projects" docBase="/home/srussell/Projects" debug="0"
reloadable="true"/>

It worked.

Then, I did the same thing, but for a different directory:

<Context path="/zoora" docBase="/zoora" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>

Did *NOT* work ( 404 cannot find error ) yet when I set the docBase to
"/zoora/mysubdir" it worked.

Is Tomcat 4.03 blind to directories right off of root ?

I am the owner of /zoora.  It and all of its subdirs are chmoded to 777.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance