Posted to user@ant.apache.org by John Arrizza <jo...@arrizza.com> on 2001/09/10 18:23:53 UTC

FTP-based "mirror/file synch" task

Does anyone know of an available ant task to mirror a directory tree to a website? i.e. I set up a directory on my hard drive the
way I want my website to look, I call mirror (or synch or whatever) and it copies new or modified files up to the web site, also
propogates deletes to the web site as well (i.e. the hard drive is the master copy, the web is the slave).

I've tried to get to  http://www.savarese.org with no luck. I was hoping for something a little higher level in any case.

If there one available, I'll write it and post it... (where?)

John

Re: FTP-based "mirror/file synch" task

Posted by JohnA <jo...@arrizza.com>.
> Does anyone know of an available ant task to mirror a directory tree to a website? i.e. I set up a directory on my hard drive the
> way I want my website to look, I call mirror (or synch or whatever) and it copies new or modified files up to the web site, also
> propogates deletes to the web site as well (i.e. the hard drive is the master copy, the web is the slave).
>
> I've tried to get to  http://www.savarese.org with no luck. I was hoping for something a little higher level in any case.
>
> If there one available, I'll write it and post it... (where?)

Having read the doc (again) and downloaded optional.jar and netcomponents.jar (on an apache cvs site), and found that :

    <ftp action="send"  server="${url}" userid="${uid}" password="${pwd}" remotedir="${rootdir}" depends="yes">
        <fileset dir="." >
           <include name="**/*"/>
        </fileset>
    </ftp>

was close to what I wanted, (assuming the remote directory tree is in place and no files are being deleted)...

all I can say is:  never mind.

John