Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/14 06:18:49 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Removal of old hamlet package in 3.3+ or 3.4+

Thanks Masatake for your comments.
Added the other Hadoop mailing lists to Cc.

> I'm +1 on making imcompatible change if this blocks another Java migration issues, while I don't see strong reason to hurry as I see the patch of YARN-9279.
Agreed.

-Akira

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
I'm basically +1 on removing the package.
The patch of YARN-9279 is still applicable to trunk.

If we are still unable to remove the package due to downstream projects,
another option could be always excluding the hamlet package from javadoc
build
as done in java9 profile only now?

           <plugin>
             <configuration>
<excludePackageNames>org.apache.hadoop.yarn.webapp.hamlet</excludePackageNames>
             </configuration>
           </plugin>

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.