Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Kaleemullah, Thoufiq [USA]" <ka...@bah.com> on 2008/09/10 17:22:17 UTC

Hadoop Training

Hello,
        Does anybody know if there's any training/seminars/conferences
regarding implementation of Hadoop? I missed the summit earlier this
year. Any idea when the next summit is?

Thanks,
-Thoufiq

Re: Hadoop Training

Posted by Chris K Wensel <ch...@wensel.net>.
Scale Unlimited should be offering a Hadoop BootCamp in the Bay Area
soon
http://www.scaleunlimited.com/

A UK/EU BootCamp is in the works.

If your company has enough participants, they will come to you I think.

cheers,
chris

--
Chris K Wensel
chris@wensel.net

Re: Hadoop Training

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
On Sep 10, 2008, at 8:22 AM, Kaleemullah, Thoufiq [USA] wrote:

> Hello,
>        Does anybody know if there's any training/seminars/conferences
> regarding implementation of Hadoop? I missed the summit earlier this
> year. Any idea when the next summit is?

The next opportunity is at ApacheCon US 2008 in New Orleans. On
Thursday and Friday, Tom White, Arun Murthy, and I will all give
presentations on Hadoop.

http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/schedule/2008/11/06

There will also be the Hadoop Camp there:

http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/schedule/hadoop-camp

There are also monthly user group meetings in the SF Bay Area.

-- Owen