Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by A <ht...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/10/19 16:46:26 UTC

Ram & Space...

What are minimum and recommended ram and space requirements to run Cassandra in AWS?
Every like 24 hours Cassandra stops working. Even though the service is active, it’s dead and non responsive until I restart the service.
Top shows %MEM slowly creeping upwards. Yesterday it showed 75%.
In the logs it throws that Cassandra is running in degraded mode and that I should consider adding more space to the free 25G...
Thanks in advance for your help. Newbie here... lots to learn.
Angel

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Re: Ram & Space...

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.
pretty clear evidence of a memory leak, tombstone problem (still memory),
etc.

If this is Apache, then you may need to do some heap dumps and see what is
going on (if it is java heap that is OOM'ing, which I suspect. Might want
to do some periodic vmstat or equivalent (brute force might be screen shots
of top -o mem first to see which processes are leaking?

But (smiling) could be the spirits telling you to actually USE the cluster?

<======>
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will,
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Ulysses - A. Lord Tennyson

*Daemeon C.M. Reiydelle*

*email: daemeonr@gmail.com <da...@gmail.com>*
*San Francisco 1.415.501.0198/Skype daemeon.c.m.reiydelle*

Re: Ram & Space...

Posted by Paul Chandler <pa...@redshots.com>.

Re: Ram & Space...

Re: Ram & Space...