Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ZedroS Schwart <ze...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/16 23:22:52 UTC

Why .page and not .xml for the template ?

Hi all

Just a question which popped up recently in my mind : why are the templates
pages named .page and not .xml ?

It's not like another .xml would have annoyed anyone, is it ? On the other
hand, .xml files would be automatically detected and dealed accordingly but
all tools, whereas .page are less well known...

Do you have any idea on the topic ?

Thanks in advance
ZedroS

Re: Why .page and not .xml for the template ?

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Yes you can provide the delegate. The delegate is the short circuit. I
was referring to the fact that the regular coded part of Tapestry is
not configurable.

Geoff

--
The Spindle guy. http://spindle.sf.net
Blog:                  http://jroller.com/page/glongman

Re: use the same template for several pages

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Have you tried creating your own "Border" component which contains the
header/footer?  Then, you can just use that component on any page you
want.

> hello,
>
> i would like to use the same html template for 2 or more website.
> is that possible ?
>
> what i would like to to is having a template with the static header and
> static footer
> and an dynamic content - like that:

> copyright by ..... <!-- footer -->
>
> and then for differnet pages setting different tapestry componetens for
> jwcid=> content
>
> greetings grischan

James Carman, President
Carman Consulting, Inc.

use the same template for several pages

Posted by ZedroS Schwart <ze...@gmail.com>.
Could you provide more information on how to do it ? I'm quite new to
Tapestry...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Zedro,

There is no way to change that. It's hardcoded.

Geoff

Posted by ZedroS Schwart <ze...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ZedroS Schwart <ze...@gmail.com>.
We agree ;)

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
Yes,IMO it would be better if those files were called *.jwc.xml and *.page.xml in this case IDEs would not need additional configuration to recognize the files. Hibernate uses the approach with hbm.xml and it works wery well.