Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Xiaoyu Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/22 14:09:33 UTC

Can Spark SQL thrift server UI provide JOB kill operate or any REST API?

Hello everyone!

Like the title.
I start the Spark SQL 1.2.0 thrift server. Use beeline connect to the server to execute SQL.
I want to kill one SQL job running in the thrift server and not kill the thrift server.
I set property spark.ui.killEnabled=true in spark-default.conf
But in the UI, only stages can be killed, and the job can’t be killed!
Is any way to kill the SQL job in the thrift server?

Xiaoyu Wang

Re: Can Spark SQL thrift server UI provide JOB kill operate or any REST API?

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
I would expect that killing a stage would kill the whole job.  Are you not
seeing that happen?