Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/20 11:56:07 UTC

Call for volunteers to do exploration test on Base / Drawing and write test cases for Base / Drawing:

Hi All,

This is call for volunteers to do exploration test on Base / Drawing and
write test cases for Base / Drawing:

1. About exploration test on Base and Drawing, please could volunteers
report in QA mail group on (1) covered platform/build/database; (2) tested
scenario/steps; (3) test result/defect found, by updating these two web
links: http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/AOO40_Database for Base, and
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/AOO40_Drawing for Drawing.

Reference: Base test matrix http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Tescase

2. About writing test cases for Base, I have completed to create
hierarchies of test suites in TestLink based on the finalized test matrix
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Tescase. Please could volunteers
navigate the test suite tree view in the Test Specification (Test Project
is Apache OpenOffice testproject), and let's following below process to
organize test case writing:

1) Volunteers provide their TestLink ID and list of their preferred test
suites to Yu Zhen Fan (fanyuzhen@gmail.com) (Currently I have Anil Kumar's
TestLink ID and confirmation to write test cases)
2) Yu Zhen specifies the test suites' assignment to the individual volunteer
3) Volunteers write test cases in the assigned test suites, in TestLink.
For test cases related to connectivity testing, please attach the "live"
test DB(s) and provide steps to set up test environment in "Preconditions".
It's encouraged test cases' author to test his/her test cases in execution
stage.

3. I will work with Liu Ping Tan on test matrix for Drawing later this
week, if you have interest on Drawing test case writing, please let me
know, I will put you in the pipeline.

Regards,
Yu Zhen

Re: Call for volunteers to do exploration test on Base / Drawing and write test cases for Base / Drawing:

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Here is the update about exploration test on Base as of July 1st:

I have completed Base exploration test on Win7, Covered Database, Table,
Query, Form, Report with embedded database, DB2 via JDBC and Text(CSV
files), here are the new bugs found (red ones are marked with flag 4.0.0
release blocker ?)

122589     AOO Base crash when delete table from query design and close the
design window
122596     Unable to edit table's existing fields in a db2 table
122603     Date field displays incorrect value as number text in Base report
122604     Data sort does not work for Asc and Desc with group field when
set it in Base report wizard
122605     value of sort by is not stored when click back in Base report
wizard
122611     Unable to edit CSV table
122612     Unable to add more than one table in query design window for CSV
database

Detail report/scenarios:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/AOO40_Database

I start to testing it on Mac today with the planning on DB2, Text. At the
same time, it would be great if you could offer helping on other type of
databases and drivers, on all platforms (Redhat, Mac and Windows), if you
have interest and time, please contact me!

Regards,
Yu Zhen

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi bugreporter99,

To answer your questions:

#using winXP (or if preferred 7) - Please use Win7 if it is convenience for
you
#some instructions what to test or I can just do some random stuff - There
is no existing test cases so far, please do some general or exploration
test.

How is your Drawing test going on?  Please record your test result in this
link:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/AOO40_Drawing for Drawing.

You can refer the test result in this link for Base
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/AOO40_Database for Base

Thanks a lot for your time offering help on testing!

Regards,
Yu Zhen

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi bugreporter99,

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
bugreporter99 wrote:
> where to get the latest snapshot??
> what I used before does not work:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshotfullsets

They were being uploaded. You will find them on that page now. Happy
testing!

> Can we have a link to the latest snapshot on the Download page:
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

This has been discussed, but by policy we don't link to development
installation packages from the official download page.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Call for volunteers to do exploration test on Base / Drawing and write test cases for Base / Drawing:

Posted by bu...@hushmail.com.
HI Yu Zhen,

what I could do is:
#spending about a day playing with draw
#using winXP (or if preferred 7)
#LO/older version of AOO may be installed on that machine
#get a precompiled version (last snapshot)
#some instructions what to test or I can just do some random stuff

where to get the latest snapshot??
what I used before does not work:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshotfullsets
where I also looked:
http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/ ->
http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/dev_index.html -> no
AOO 4 snapshot
 http://www.openoffice.org/development/ ->
http://download.openoffice.org/next -> no AOO 4 snapshot

this is what I found:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshotfullsets

Can we have a link to the latest snapshot on the Download page:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
under the download button where it says:
Get all platforms, languages, language packs | Source Code tarballs
and SDK |
maybe add snapshots or versions for testing or dev versions or such

and here: http://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html
or maybe it's better (but takes longer to find) here:
http://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html
On 25.06.2013 at 2:32 PM, "Yuzhen Fan"  wrote:Hi All,

Here is the update about exploration test on Base:

Today, I test Base on Win7, focus on creating a new database,
connecting
existing DB2 database via JDBC, and also do some basic operations on
table
and query. One crash issue is exposed when delete tables in query. I
have
recorded 5 related test scenarios and the defect found in report web
links:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/AOO40_Database

We now need your support on exploration test on Base and Drawing on
Redhat,
Mac and Windows, if you have interest and time, please don't hesitate
offering help!

Regards,
Yu Zhen

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.