Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by MITESH PATHAK <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/30 17:58:07 UTC

Apache Helix Contribution -- newbie

Hi Team,

I am new to Helix, and I would like to contribute.
I have gone through the wiki page on "How to contribute", but I want to
start working on the issues that will help me understand Helix better.

Initially I'll be less active, but I am planning to work on this project
late in the year.
I'll be grateful if someone can guide me through this phase.

About Me - I am  a B.E pass-out who loves Java, I hope its good enough to
get started.

Thanks & Regards
Mitesh Pathak
mailto: miteshpathak05@gmail.com
website: miteshpathak.com

RE: Apache Helix Contribution -- newbie

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Mitesh,

The best way to get started as a Helix developer is to get started as a Helix user. We recommend that you go through the documentation and recipes to see how it works, and more importantly, why it's useful.

Concepts: http://helix.apache.org/Concepts.htmlArchitecture: http://helix.apache.org/Architecture.htmlQuick start: http://helix.apache.org/0.6.3-docs/Quickstart.htmlTutorial: http://helix.apache.org/0.6.3-docs/Tutorial.htmlRecipes and other release-specific links: http://helix.apache.org/0.6.3-docs/index.html
Once you're familiar with the architecture how to use Helix, the next step is to work on some issues that are things that newbies can pick up: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HELIX-413?jql=project%20%3D%20HELIX%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20labels%20in%20(newbie%2C%20starter%2C%20easy%2C%20beginners)
At that point, you will likely be able to pick up other Helix tasks.
If you have any questions, this is the correct alias to email, and we're also available via IRC on freenode #apachehelix.
Kanak

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Mitesh,