Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "bhagi@R" <bh...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/28 13:25:46 UTC

Does flink support multi cluster deployment with HA on multi k8s clusters

Hi Team,

production requirement is to deploy flink in multi cluster mode,
i.e deploying flink cluster1 with HA on kubernetes cluster1 in data center1
& another flink cluster2  with HA  on kubernetes cluster2 in data center2 ..
if Flink cluster1 goes down on k8s cluster1 on DC1 ,it has to fail over to
Flink cluster2 on k8s cluster2 on DC2.

It has to failover with automatic HA mechanism.
Please let us know, whether is this possible ??
or any solution is provided to have flink in multi cluster mode with HA ..

Any solution please share the information

Note: Currently deployed Flink session cluster on standalone kubernetes with
HA(Kubernetes HA)

Re: Does flink support multi cluster deployment with HA on multi k8s clusters

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
The reason why this feature is not part of Flink is that it is not trivial
to solve. There are definitely different solutions to the problem. I think
that a solution will probably be built around Flink and not integrated into
it because it goes a bit beyond what Flink's current focus is. I can tell
you that companies are looking at this problem and want to solve it within
their commercial offerings.

Cheers,
Till

Posted by "bhagi@R" <bh...@gmail.com>.
Can you explain clearly...

How to configure HA service with k8s for different DC's for Flink cluster ..

Re: Does flink support multi cluster deployment with HA on multi k8s clusters

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Bhagi,

out of the box, Flink does not support this functionality. What you could
try to do is to configure a stretch K8s cluster running on different DCs
and then having an HA service (ZK or K8s) and blob storage being able to
survive a DC outage. That way Flink should also be able to survive a DC
outage.

Cheers,
Till