Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/07 01:11:11 UTC

Graduation Checklist , was Re: [VOTE] Pig graduation to hadoop subproject

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Pig Developers and Mentors,
>
> Pig has been incubating for over a year now. In this period of time, we
> had extended our community with 2 new committers,

Has this list been updated recently ? Does it reflect the current list
of committers ?
[1] http://incubator.apache.org/pig/whoweare.html

> As of now, we have completed graduation requirements as described in
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html.

Have you guys looked at the "Creating an Open and Diverse community"
section on the graduation checklist ?

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

RE: Graduation Checklist , was Re: [VOTE] Pig graduation to hadoop subproject

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Yes, the document is up-to-date.

> > As of now, we have completed graduation requirements as
> described in
> > http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html.
> >

> Have you guys looked at the "Creating an Open and Diverse community"
> section on the graduation checklist ?

Yes, and I think we satisfied these requirements.

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Olga,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> ...Pig does have two committers not affiliated with Yahoo: Pi Song and
> Daniel Dai. This is reflected on our "who we are" page....

Thanks, and sorry for missing that.
-Bertrand

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> Have you guys looked at the "Creating an Open and Diverse community"
> section on the graduation checklist ?

Pig wishes to become a subproject of Hadoop, not a TLP.

Hadoop's PMC is listed at:

http://hadoop.apache.org/who.html

Doug