Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Michael Giannakopoulos <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/18 00:58:08 UTC

Contribute to Spark - Need a mentor.

Hi all,

My name is Michael Giannakopoulos and I am a recent M.Sc. graduate
from University of Toronto majoring in Computer Science. I would like to
contribute in the development of this open source project. Is it possible
to work
under the supervision of a mentor? I specialize in Data Analytics,
Data Management and Machine Learning. I am currently learning the
Scala language and I have experience using Java, C++, C and Matlab. I have
already read the Spark and Shark papers.

Together with this mail you will find attached my resume.

Thank you so much for your time and your help,
Michael

Re: Contribute to Spark - Need a mentor.

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
Hi Michael,

Unfortunately the Apache mailing list filters out attachments. That said,
you can usually just start by looking at the JIRA for Spark and find issues
tagged with the starter tag and work on them. You can submit pull requests
to the github repo or email the dev list for feedbacks on specific issues.
https://github.com/apache/spark