Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Sauganth Vijayappan <sa...@us.ibm.com> on 2010/10/14 22:20:20 UTC

Making the chemistry binding tests jar file available online

Hi,
       I am a software developer for IBM. While testing the IBM CMIS
server, we found that even though the OpenCMIS client jar files are
available on http://incubator.apache.org/chemistry/opencmis.html , the jar
file for the tests (specifically the chemistry binding tests) are not
available. It would have been wonderful if the test jars are made available
online because the enterprise CMIS server development team would not want
to contaminate their code with the opencmis code available online.

I feel that it will be a wonderful idea to make the tests jar files
available online so that server development teams who develop code based on
OpenCMIS standards would not have to download any of the OpenCMIS source
code.
Please let me know your thoughts on this matter. I hope you too think that
this is a great idea.

Thanks and Regards,
Sauganth Vijayappan
Software Engineer, IBM Emerging Standards
Off: 521-286 8048 T/L: 363-8048
email: sauganthv@us.ibm.com

RE: Making the chemistry binding tests jar file available online

Posted by Jens Hübel <jh...@opentext.com>.
Hi all,

we are just starting to use this integrating the tests in our internal builds. Now it seems that we generate the test jars but no test-src jars. For the regular code we generate jars and source jars. Is there any reason for this asymmetry? I think it would be helpful for debugging issues....

Any thoughts?

Jens

From: Stephan Klevenz <st...@klaeff.de>
To: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Sauganth Vijayappan/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Date: 10/16/2010 04:49 AM

________________________________

Hi,

The test jars will now be created with the build job. Check the results out here:

https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/Chemistry/job/Chemistry%20-%20OpenCMIS%20-%20install/

Regards,
Stephan

Am 15.10.2010 um 10:38 schrieb Florian Müller:

> Hi Sauganth,
>
> The binding tests were actually not designed to be used outside OpenCMIS. That's why they are not nicely packaged.
>
> I think we can adjust our build process. (Any objections?)
>
> Building all Jars you need for the binding tests is quite simple:
> mvn clean install jar:test-jar assembly:assembly
>

> Regards,
>
> Florian
>

> On 14/10/2010 21:20, Sauganth Vijayappan wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>        I am a software developer for IBM. While testing the IBM CMIS
>> server, we found that even though the OpenCMIS client jar files are
>> available on http://incubator.apache.org/chemistry/opencmis.html , the jar
>> file for the tests (specifically the chemistry binding tests) are not
>> available. It would have been wonderful if the test jars are made available
>> online because the enterprise CMIS server development team would not want
>> to contaminate their code with the opencmis code available online.
>>
>> I feel that it will be a wonderful idea to make the tests jar files
>> available online so that server development teams who develop code based on
>> OpenCMIS standards would not have to download any of the OpenCMIS source
>> code.
>> Please let me know your thoughts on this matter. I hope you too think that
>> this is a great idea.
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Sauganth Vijayappan
>> Software Engineer, IBM Emerging Standards
>> Off: 521-286 8048 T/L: 363-8048
>> email: sauganthv@us.ibm.com

----
Stephan Klevenz

Fabrikstr. 45
69126 Heidelberg

Tel.: +49 6221 879625
Fax.: +49 6221 339926

Re: Making the chemistry binding tests jar file available online

Posted by Sauganth Vijayappan <sa...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Stephen/Florian,

From:	Stephan Klevenz <st...@klaeff.de>
To:	chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc:	Sauganth Vijayappan/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Date:	10/16/2010 04:49 AM
Subject:	Re: Making the chemistry binding tests jar file available
            online

Hi,

The test jars will now be created with the build job. Check the results out
here:

https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/Chemistry/job/Chemistry%20-%20OpenCMIS%20-%20install/

Regards,
Stephan

Am 15.10.2010 um 10:38 schrieb Florian Müller:

> Hi Sauganth,
>
> The binding tests were actually not designed to be used outside OpenCMIS.
That's why they are not nicely packaged.

> I think we can adjust our build process. (Any objections?)
>
> Building all Jars you need for the binding tests is quite simple:
> mvn clean install jar:test-jar assembly:assembly
>

> Regards,
>
> Florian
>

> On 14/10/2010 21:20, Sauganth Vijayappan wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>        I am a software developer for IBM. While testing the IBM CMIS
>> server, we found that even though the OpenCMIS client jar files are
>> available on http://incubator.apache.org/chemistry/opencmis.html , the
jar
>> file for the tests (specifically the chemistry binding tests) are not
>> available. It would have been wonderful if the test jars are made
available
>> online because the enterprise CMIS server development team would not
want
>> to contaminate their code with the opencmis code available online.
>>
>> I feel that it will be a wonderful idea to make the tests jar files
>> available online so that server development teams who develop code based
on
>> OpenCMIS standards would not have to download any of the OpenCMIS source
>> code.
>> Please let me know your thoughts on this matter. I hope you too think
that
>> this is a great idea.
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Sauganth Vijayappan
>> Software Engineer, IBM Emerging Standards
>> Off: 521-286 8048 T/L: 363-8048
>> email: sauganthv@us.ibm.com

----
Stephan Klevenz

Fabrikstr. 45
69126 Heidelberg

Tel.: +49 6221 879625
Fax.: +49 6221 339926

Re: Making the chemistry binding tests jar file available online

Posted by Stephan Klevenz <st...@klaeff.de>.
Hi,

The test jars will now be created with the build job. Check the results out here:

https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/Chemistry/job/Chemistry%20-%20OpenCMIS%20-%20install/

Regards,
Stephan

Am 15.10.2010 um 10:38 schrieb Florian Müller:

> Hi Sauganth,
>
> The binding tests were actually not designed to be used outside OpenCMIS. That's why they are not nicely packaged.
>
> I think we can adjust our build process. (Any objections?)
>
> Building all Jars you need for the binding tests is quite simple:
> mvn clean install jar:test-jar assembly:assembly
>

> Regards,
>
> Florian
>

> On 14/10/2010 21:20, Sauganth Vijayappan wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>        I am a software developer for IBM. While testing the IBM CMIS
>> server, we found that even though the OpenCMIS client jar files are
>> available on http://incubator.apache.org/chemistry/opencmis.html , the jar
>> file for the tests (specifically the chemistry binding tests) are not
>> available. It would have been wonderful if the test jars are made available
>> online because the enterprise CMIS server development team would not want
>> to contaminate their code with the opencmis code available online.
>>
>> I feel that it will be a wonderful idea to make the tests jar files
>> available online so that server development teams who develop code based on
>> OpenCMIS standards would not have to download any of the OpenCMIS source
>> code.
>> Please let me know your thoughts on this matter. I hope you too think that
>> this is a great idea.
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Sauganth Vijayappan
>> Software Engineer, IBM Emerging Standards
>> Off: 521-286 8048 T/L: 363-8048
>> email: sauganthv@us.ibm.com

----
Stephan Klevenz

Fabrikstr. 45
69126 Heidelberg

Tel.: +49 6221 879625
Fax.: +49 6221 339926

Re: Making the chemistry binding tests jar file available online

Posted by Florian Müller <fl...@alfresco.com>.
Hi Sauganth,